Friday, June 1, 2012

The Summer #BlogChallenge: What is it and why am I doing it?


Going Green with the Grizls
I was inspired by some blogging friends to join the Summer Blog Challenge. The challenge is to have a blog post every day for two months with topic prompts to help with ideas. I decided to participate for the following reasons:
  • The other blogs participating are really cool women I have met through the Green Moms Network on Facebook. In other words--positive peer pressure :-) Thanks especially to Going Green with the Grizls for all her hard work starting us up!
  •  I can feel the outdoors calling to me (a good thing!) but I don't want my writing to taper off after these few months of diligence.
  • I have never even tried writing a post for every day, so its both daunting and exciting. I won't put undue pressure on myself, but I hope to at least give a valiant effort.
Since I'm still getting used to the concept of sharing my thoughts with the blogosphere, I see myself sticking with the Garden Me theme while throwing in some (hopefully interesting) personal details. Tomorrow's big hurdle? Post a picture of me smiling.  *trepidation*
Gratuitous flowers--Irises are blooming!
Iris 'Mother Earth'
 My fellow challengers are linked below:


2 comments:

  1. Great Blog! Im your newest follower! you can follow back at: http://www.tristascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the challenge!

    CJR @ The Mami Blog

    ReplyDelete