Saturday, June 9, 2012

#BlogChallenge Day 9: Cooking Disasters of the Past

I'll keep this short and sweet in order not to relive the angst, shame, and fits of cursing/throwing things caused by cooking disasters. I always seem to get persnickety ovens and if I follow the directions for temp and time, it is rarely (heh) completely done. This happened a lot in the first months of marriage and was especially irksome once when we had company over and a casserole took 2 hours to cook. Actually, I served them a still-pretty-doughy biscuit pizza casserole. Yuck! That oven really was broken. I have learned from experience that my current oven oven needs 25 degrees hotter and 10 minutes longer than stated in a recipe. I really should get a thermometer in that thing.

Now to cleanse the palate...Verbascum 'Southern Charm' is blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment