- At least one of your classes, maybe organic chemistry, decides to upgrade to the newest edition of the textbook. Consequently, there is no way to buy a used copy = $$$$.
- You stand in line at the bookstore for hours only to get $12 for a book you paid $70 for. Or to find out that next year they will be using a new edition. Argh!
Some of the aspects that appeal to me:
- You can save 40-90% off bookstore prices.
- They have flexible rental periods and a 30 guarantee to get your money back if you drop the class.
- You can highlight in the books!
- No membership fee.
- Free shipping both ways.
- No need to box up the books--they provide pre-paid envelopes.
- The option to buy the books if you want to keep them. This seems like a good idea for homeschooling families who want to try out a curriculum. Just for kicks I looked for my highschool math, Saxon, and they have it!
This is a service that definitely could have made life easier for me and I would recommend that those looking for textbooks should check it out.
This a sponsored post for which I received some form of compensation. All opinions are my own and I only recommend that which I would personally use or think would be beneficial to my readers.