Thursday, June 14, 2012

Afraid of Giving Advice: BlogChallenge Day 14

I have always been afraid of giving advice, as well as of making decisions or taking the lead, because I don't want to be the one responsible for the results! Also, I hate to disagree with people, so its easier to keep quiet and not risk stepping on toes. I have been trying to change this mindset, though. I realize that I do have wisdom sometimes and its good to share it. The results are not in my control and that's ok. So here are 15 things I have learned from experience that will help you in life.

  1. That voice you hear that says "you suck" is a lie. Everyone hears it and you are not alone.
  2. Accepting God's love changes everything.
  3. Most people are struggling with their own insecurities while you're worrying about yours.
  4. Giving in to fits of anger only leads to more. If I punch the wall, I am not satisfied and am more likely to throw something.
  5. Cursing only makes me angrier.
  6. Prayer, gratitude, and words of blessing help diffuse my anger.
  7. Praying for people on the roads has helped me overcome my fear of semi-trucks and my quick temper (anyone see a theme? :-)
  8. Depression is a sucking black hole that feeds on itself. When you see the first signs, fight it! Identify lying thoughts and face them with the Truth.
  9. If your the forgetful type like me, write things down, set an alarm, and ask someone to remind you (I so need to work on this one).
  10. Don't be shy, you have something to give.
  11. Judgmental people are wrong, but we are not their judges either.
  12. Seasons of the year and of life will pass. Find what you can to enjoy and treasure in each of them
  13. Children are a blessing from the Lord. Not an easy blessing, but not a curse.
  14. Get enough sleep whenever possible--you'll feel better
  15. Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

3 comments:

  1. That's a great explanation of depression! You are correct...the sooner you identify what's bugging you and do something about it...the better you are. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list!

    Can't wait to read your future #BlogChallenge posts!
    http://www.goinggreenwiththegrizls.com

    ReplyDelete