- That voice you hear that says "you suck" is a lie. Everyone hears it and you are not alone.
- Accepting God's love changes everything.
- Most people are struggling with their own insecurities while you're worrying about yours.
- Giving in to fits of anger only leads to more. If I punch the wall, I am not satisfied and am more likely to throw something.
- Cursing only makes me angrier.
- Prayer, gratitude, and words of blessing help diffuse my anger.
- Praying for people on the roads has helped me overcome my fear of semi-trucks and my quick temper (anyone see a theme? :-)
- Depression is a sucking black hole that feeds on itself. When you see the first signs, fight it! Identify lying thoughts and face them with the Truth.
- If your the forgetful type like me, write things down, set an alarm, and ask someone to remind you (I so need to work on this one).
- Don't be shy, you have something to give.
- Judgmental people are wrong, but we are not their judges either.
- Seasons of the year and of life will pass. Find what you can to enjoy and treasure in each of them
- Children are a blessing from the Lord. Not an easy blessing, but not a curse.
- Get enough sleep whenever possible--you'll feel better
- Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Afraid of Giving Advice: BlogChallenge Day 14
I have always been afraid of giving advice, as well as of making decisions or taking the lead, because I don't want to be the one responsible for the results! Also, I hate to disagree with people, so its easier to keep quiet and not risk stepping on toes. I have been trying to change this mindset, though. I realize that I do have wisdom sometimes and its good to share it. The results are not in my control and that's ok. So here are 15 things I have learned from experience that will help you in life.