Lemony Quinoa Salad
Time to make: 30 min.
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion or sliced green onion. I used vidalia.
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice I used from concentrate
- 1 large clove of garlic, pressed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, Pepper and Cayenne pepper to taste
-Combine onions tomatoes and mint in a medium bowl then stir in cooled quinoa.
-In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and cayenne. I used about 3/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and a pinch cayenne.
I served it immediately, but it can be refrigerated for a few hours as well.
Linked up at these great sites:
Tiny Tip Tuesday
Delicious Dish Tuesday
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Recipe Sharing Monday