Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Flowers, 7/6/12

Vacation to Lakeside, OH was great! Yet its so nice to be back in the garden again (though my abs, back and quads don't think so).
'Better Boy' tomatoes growing in containers. These are much more vigorous that the 'Brandywine' that I grew last year and it is a challenge to prune them to one stem. Lots of blossoms though!

Cool whites in the Pool Garden

Echinacea 'White Swan'
I love the Gaillardia 'Burgundy'. It has spread itself around quite nicely.

Daylily 'Fairy Tale Pink'. I only spread around the daylilies that I really like. The rest are left to languish in the shady back yard.
I'm surprised that I don't mind the cool blues and the hot reds, pinks and yellows together.


Thyme in the foreground, lavender in the background--smells amazing!
Variegated yucca and Daylily 'El Desperado' (Why don't you come to your senses, you've been out riding fences...oh geez.)

Monarda 'Raspberry Wine'

Daylily 'Bama Bound'

Finally, the container annuals just barely survived vacation and are starting to perk up!


2 comments:

  1. Your garden is lovely. Mine here in the deep South aways looks rough this time of year. Last week it was over 100 every day-we finally got some rain after a month of having to water with city water. Which because of the clorine turns everything yellow.

    ReplyDelete